Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) and its 13 member systems hosted its annual golf and charity events at the Legacy Golf Club, with proceeds benefiting Wildwood Hills Ranch in St. Charles.
Wildwood Hills Ranch of Iowa exists to transform lives and strengthen communities by providing healing, hope and God’s unconditional love to children and youth at risk.
After a day of golfing, boating, or tours of the ranch, participants learned more about the programs offered by at Wildwood Hills Ranch, including programs for Iowa’s at-risk-youth and combat veterans. The event was capped off with the announcement of $10,000 raised to support the program.
“CIPCO system members are committed to supporting not-for-profit organizations bringing needed services to the communities we serve,” says CIPCO CEO Bill Cherrier. “Each year, members and associated organizations participate in our event to raise funds to support an outstanding program.”
“We’re honored our group was selected this year as the recipient for this event,” states Wildwood Hills Ranch Executive Director Matt Moeckl. “This generosity supports what we do best and educates more Iowans about the needs that exist, which sadly, are not diminishing.”
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties.
CIPCO’s member cooperatives
- Clarke Electric Cooperative
- Consumers Energy
- East-Central Iowa Rural Electric Cooperative
- Eastern Iowa Light & Power Cooperative
- Farmers Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Guthrie County Rural Electric Cooperative
- Linn County Rural Electric Cooperative
- Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative
- Midland Power Cooperative
- Pella Cooperative Electric Association
- SIMECA (South Iowa Municipal Electric Cooperative Association)
- Southwest Iowa Rural Electric Cooperative
- T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative