One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to reduce energy costs is with special switches and lighting controls. They're simple to install and use, can make a big difference in your monthly expenses and add a little convenience.
- When you dim a bulb 50 percent, you use 40 percent less electricity.
- Can extend bulb life up to 20 times.
- Create atmosphere anywhere in your home; ideal for entertaining in living or dining rooms – or watching movies in your home theater.
- Offer hands-free convenience and added safety (especially for toddlers and seniors) by automatically turning on lights when you enter a room – and turning them off when you leave, after a set time period.
- Great for basements, laundry rooms, hallways, garages and stairwells – anyplace where lights accidentally may be left on long after you’ve already left.
- Ideal for controlling lights, exhaust fans, hot tubs and spas for a preset time limit.
- Most include battery backup. motion detectors
- Cut costs by keeping outdoor flood- lights near buildings and walkways off until you walk near them – then safely light your way home.
- Offer good protection against prowlers and break-ins.